Sunday 23 September 2007

Sunday Morning

It's a bright, clear day here at Nankai, the sun is shining, the fountains are playing on the lake (while suitable music is played from the surrounding speakers). Students are walking around hand in hand. Overall, it's a pretty nice place to be today.

The picture is of the sundial outside the Administration building (probably the best located place on campus) -- of course, the markings are in Chinese, so reading it is a bit of a problem!

I think I'm going to spend most of the day writing and I've been invited out to dinner tonight by student/friends.

My chopsticks technique is still improving (plenty of room for that, of course), and I'm learning a bit more about 'proper conduct' when eating.

Up early (very) tomorrow morning to collect Ali from Beijing airport!

1 comment:

Be said...

Glad to see that you're on the ground, safe and sound!

Would love to hear more about proper table manners, too, where you are.

Safe trip over to Ali!