Tuesday 29 April 2008

I've been trying to get out to concerts a bit more often.

Last week we went to Huntingdon Hall (again) to see Roy Bailey and John Kirkpatrick. Sadly, the attendance was low and the average age, I guess, was around 65.


However, it was a splendid concert; both performers were excellent and I had a really good time and spent a small fortune on CDs (financed by the recent sale of my resonator guitar). It reminded me of what I've always enjoyed most about folk song; that is its role as commentator on social issues and the way it speaks truth to power.

A lot of us didn't think Roy would make it into his 70s - he has, and I'm grateful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So nice to hear from you. I am still recovering from my weekend gardening activities.
Your blog made me think about the fact that it's getting close to summer and we have Shakespeare in the Park put on by the University of Buffalo in Delaware Park.
It's been surprisingly popular over the years. It's really nice sitting out on a hillside on a warm summer night, enjoying the play.