Saturday 14 February 2009

Cold here!

Since the report got written yesterday, we've had today pretty-much to do what we want. (Though, to be honest, choices are a bit limited!)

We decided to go to the new art museum KUMU. It was about a 3-mile walk though the snow (see left) to a fantastic Finn-designed building. My photo does not do it justice.
We spent several hours looking round the Estonian art -- some very powerful images from the period before independence.

Then, of course, we had to walk back! Getting a bit tired by then (the herring & egg sandwich helped a bit). Still had to go and change Estonian Crowns into Euros.

I think the bit of the museum I liked the most was the 'Head Room' -- see left!

1 comment:

Be said...

Funny how it is when you get outside the colonialist realm, money changin n all! (snort) Thanks for being a good listener, btw. Would love to hear your impressions of the baltics, too, given that I have background there outside my ex's citizenship.