Monday 8 November 2010

Computers ...

I work at home quite a lot in the room I call my 'study' (actually the smallest bedroom in the house). I have a wifi/wired network with NAS, network printer, etc., etc. Just moved to fibre-optic broadband (so far from the telephone exchange that copper can't give me any real speed) and now have most of those transition issues beaten.
So (glutton for punishment), I've moved to my 'new' PC - really a refurbished Dell that I've been running in parallel with the old Acer desktop. It's only when you finally do this that you realise what still needs to be done ...

What fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

About a year ago the phone company wired the area where I live for fibre-optic for tv and internet. To attract business they offered deals that were very difficult to refuse.

I could not be happier with the service. Computer service over the copper phone lines was not something you could depend on.