Wednesday 24 October 2007

DMZ



Last Sunday I was taken to the De-Militarized Zone by a friend who has good connections, it seems. I was treated as though I was a senior military officer and we got to see parts of the complex that are not usually open to casual visitors.



Then we had lunch at a (very) traditional Korean restaurant (this means sitting on the floor at a very low table trying not to drop too much food on your trousers!). The food was mostly fermented (So Kim-chee, beancurd, and many other little adventures).

This is the area at the back of the restaurant where the food is stored and matured!

3 comments:

Be said...

You're on the DMZ, and all I'm thinking about is taking a bath in kimchee (oooh).

The connection who got you the tour is a former student?

Dr Bob said...

Doesn't the chilli sting?

Yes, former student -- it's been interesting because my ex-students are all senior government officials!

Be said...

Well, as I used to say about a friend who worked for the DOD here: glad you're on our side, anyway.

As for the chili, well, it could be interesting.