Saturday 21 May 2011

EXAM SATURDAY

It's exam season at Uni again. The lovely Examinations Office like to demonstrate their power by scheduling exams at inconvenient (for staff & students) times.
So I've just sat through 1½ hours being 'Senior Invigilator' (i.e. the one that gets the balme if anything goes wrong) of mind-numbing boredom, punctuated by occasional requests to take a student to the toilet.

Even better, I'm no longer allowed to take the exam scripts home with me so I can use some of the remainder of my ruined weekend to start marking--- oh no, that would be 'insecure', so I have to wait for a porter to collect the papers from me in the exam room and then I can collect them sometime after 10:00 on Monday!

This is a really busy time of year for lecturers, but don't worry, the Exams Office is aware of our tight deadlines ...

No comments: