Monday 16 May 2011

Suddenly it's May

I'm really not sure what happened to April and half of May -- just been really busy, I guess.

So, this is just a really brief update to let those few of you that read the blog know that:
  • The car continues to be fine and using 'Greased Lightning' fuel additive has made a difference of about +3 mpg and what feels like a lot more power. Need to get the brakes done, but that's the way of things.
  • Ali retires in about 5 weeks!
  • Kat the cat continues happy, healthy and a little mad -- still has no interest in going outside and still frightened of doorbells and strangers.
  • Work is full of marking (and having to invigilate an exam next Saturday afternoon for God's sake!).
  • Off on holiday to Nova Scotia and PEI in about 6 weeks.
  • Saw Paul Downes recently: this guy is, clearly, one of the best guitarists ever - I'm hugely disappointed that I hadn't seen him before. I've been playing acoustic guitar for 40+ years (one day I hope to be good at it), so I know enough to see that this bloke's just fantastic; and SO (apparently) relaxed.
  • I've got a new camera, known as a 'digital bridge', it seems. Lots to learn
That's it for now, pictures soon.

No comments: