Wednesday 29 April 2015

Wednesday - one of the most disgusting meals ever!



Today I went for lunch with an ex-colleague at the University of Birmingham, where I used to work. There’s a place there called ‘Staff House’ intended for use by the Faculty and postgraduate students. I ate there many times while I was both student and Faculty member; generally the food was adequate and reasonably cheap.
Today, I had the most appalling dish: it was supposed to be a cheese, cauliflower and macaroni bake (i.e. macaroni & cheese, really). It was vile! The sauce had curdled and split, the macaroni was cooked to a mush, the cheese had been so over-heated that it was oil and curds and there was no discernible cauliflower. I left 90% of it My companion had carvery pork that was so tough that she couldn’t cut it, let alone eat it.

Still the purpose of the meeting was to catch-up and eating was secondary. However, it would take me a lot to go back there.

Staff House, hang you heads in shame!

No comments: