Monday 15 June 2015

MONDAY morning

It's a nice sunny day, foecast dry but not warm...


So dinner last night was interesting. Starter was asparagus with a soft poached egg. However, the main was something I’ve wanted to try for years, but somehow never got round to it.

CHICKEN WITH 40 CLOVES OF GARLIC
(some recipes say 30, I didn’t actually count).
It really is ridiculously easy, basically one just puts a chicken, garlic (cloves are NOT peeled), seasoning and a LOT of olive oil into a casserole at 200C for around 90 minutes. Only real risk is overcooking the garlic, so one needs to be vigilant and remove them early if necessary. Served with some boiled Charlotte potatoes. We squeezed the garlic out of the cloves and spread it on the chicken and potatoes: it was very tasty and not at all harsh in flavour.

I’m glad I did it, but I fear we’re pretty garlic-y today, so I don’t know if I’d bother again…

No comments: