Wednesday 3 June 2015

Wednesday Morning



Still no dishwasher: no contact from the repair company!

We went clay shooting on Saturday morning and I got a decent score (70%) that I was quite pleased with: it would have been really good if I hadn’t missed about 5 easy targets along the way.

Cooked an ‘Italian’ chicken thing for Sunday lunch at the Mother-in-law’s in Wales. A very intense tomato, basil, garlic sauce over chopped fried chicken thighs with fusilli: yummy comfort food.

On Monday I cooked a hot-smoked salmon and asparagus risotto which tasted very fresh (the taste of spring, I think) – bearing in mind that it’s June now and the temperature on Monday afternoon was 11C!

Yesterday, we went with friends to our local Bangladeshi restaurant; as good as ever and delighted to find out next door neighbours their celebrating a family birthday. I had ‘Chicken Meva’ (I’d never heard of this) which was a sort-of creamy chicken curry with lychees and mango. Very tasty and certainly something that I will try again.

I’ve been doing housework this morning, cleaning the bathroom which is not my favourite job and then washing the car (I’ve got the time, so it seems silly not to do it myself: car washes always charge me more than a standard car because mine is an SUV, but only a small one!). 

For once, the sun is shining most of the time, so I’m hoping the grass will dry enough for me to cut it: it’s all go!

No comments: