Sunday 15 March 2009

Not a great week ...

My father-in-law died on Monday morning at the nursing home where he's been for the last 5 years. Mother-in-in law didn't make it in time to be with him, but the nursing staff were (I really like the idea that no-one should die alone). Still not sure how I feel about someone who stops for breakfast before visiting their dying partner.

We got there at about 10:30. This isn't the first dead body I've seen, but it still isn't a very pleasant experience. Ali stayed with her mother for the rest of the week (brother-in-law was on vacation in Canada, and came home on Saturday).

Still, it'll be good to get the formal 'goodbye' said on Tuesday (Meifod church at noon) and I'll soon get over the fact that he was a humanist/atheist and probably wouldn't have approved -- funerals are for the living, after all.

Thanks to all those who have been kind...

1 comment:

Be said...

Again, good thoughts to you. Hoping things go smoothly. xo