Sunday 12 August 2012

Saturday 11th August

Warm, but not very sunny: 24C. To Wales to visit the Mother-in Law. Roads were busy, because of the holiday season, I guess. I'm becoming less tolerant (if that's possible) of other [implied: lesser] drivers who get in my way. Have to try not to intimidate them too much with the Rav.
Didn't do much all day, but was pleased that I could finally connect to the Internet with the dongle (quite good speed, too).
Out to eat at the Crosskeys just outside Llansantffraid.
My desktop computer (this is on Sunday, I tend to write at least 1 day behind) finally gave up the ghost - corrupted registry and the restore disk doesn't work, so I'll have to go shopping ...

We ate:

Salmon goujons (pretentious, or what?) x 2
Pate

Steak & Kidney pie
Plaice & chips
Fillet steak & chips
Nice enough food, and not expensive by Birmingham standards: shame they feel obliged to serve tons of chips with each dish.

No comments: