Saturday 4 August 2012

Thursday 2nd August

This is the day I should have been reviewed by the consultant and wasn't. I'd like to say that it's a  good thing that the hospital had noticed the difficulties I'd experienced on a previous visit and reacted to them --- it would have been so much better if they'd done so more than 1 day in advance!

Showery today.
This evening was Bohemia's 'Beef Night' - Ross, the chef, produced a special all beef 4-course menu.

We ate:
Amuse: Beef consomme
Carpaccio of beef with poached rhubarb
Sirloin steak with 'twice-cooked' chips, sweetcorn, onion rings, coleslaw, salad.
Suet jam pudding

It was pretty good, though not perfect. For me, the carpaccio was too peppered and I'd have liked my steak to be a bit less cooked. Nevertheless, a splendid evening, good atmosphere. Hope they do it again (well, something similar).


No comments: