Thursday 24 October 2013

More Thursday ...



It’s been an interesting day for food. Actually, a pleasant day for weather, too – the best day of this week I’m sure – forecast for tomorrow is more rain.
Lunch at Bohemia (my favourite neighbourhood restaurant) with a friend/colleague/student. Good home-made burger & chips: very nice.
Then I cooked for us and a friend this evening: turkey and peaches, which is much nicer than it first sounds. It ends up as a creamy (well, soured cream) concoction served on tagliatelle pasta. No wine, since the women were going out, but I’ve subsequently had a cognac.
Tomorrow probably won’t be so much fun, as we’re off to lunch with Ali’s aunt (who has quite advanced vascular dementia) and her cousin who is vegetarian. I have nothing against vegetarian food, but surely it’s supposed to taste of something? It does when I make it.

No comments: