Friday 25 May 2012

Thursday (it started well ...)

I expected to get pretty-much to the end of the marking today - but, of course, it didn't happen. I was happily munching my lunch (a cold pork sandwich, cunningly saved from Monday's dinner) when I broke a tooth! It really could have been a lot worse, since this was a 'dead' tooth that had caused problems in the past. However, I've just changed dentists (sacked the Redditch one for poor, expensive service) and moved to the local NHS service, so I wondered what this would bring.
They were WONDERFUL - got me an appointment within 2 hours and (temporarily) fixed the tooth in about 10 minutes - I have to go back, of course. AND they didn't charge me - though they could have!

So, I was feeling a bit damaged and we had take-away!

We ate:
Crispy duck in plum sauce
Chicken in black bean sauce
boiled rice

No comments: