Wednesday 6 May 2015

FRIDAY - WEDNESDAY



Well, I’m not blogging as much as I’d like – life is BUSY, even when one is retired!

Friday was a pleasant day, weekly food shopping, but not much more than that. Saturday, we went shooting and scored quite well, really; particularly as the course had been changed significantly. Still managed to score 69%, which I was well pleased with.
Chinese take-away for dinner on Saturday (House special roast duck, chicken with cashew nuts, rice) which was pleasant enough.

On Sunday we went to visit my mother and took her out to lunch at The Bishop Vesey (a Wetherspoons pub). I know they don’t produce great food, but it’s OK and when you consider the price (about £35 for 3 2-course meals + drinks) it’s really hard to beat. Dinner that night was left-over daube from Thursday with little potato cakes (more left-overs).
Monday was a bank holiday (a supremely British tradition) and the weather was quite decent, so we did garden work including repositioning the clothes drier and laying so slabs to make access better. Also finished cutting the grass.
Dinner was nice, asparagus with a soft poached egg followed by seared (for me, cooked to death for my beloved) tuna steak on a Puy lentil ragout. Toffee meringues for dessert. Yum!
Tuesday was sunshine and showers: I think it’s really cold for the time of year and we got soaked when we went out for our daily walk. For dinner I cooked lambs’ kidneys with mushrooms and grainy mustard served on a mixture of basmati and wild rice. Very tasty.
Tonight (Wednesday) we’re off to our favourite local Italian restaurant, Buonissimo.

We’ve got an interesting day tomorrow, we’re off to Shrewsbury to have impressions made of our ears for posh new ear defenders for shooting. They’re supposed to have lots of advantages, so we’ll see (I hope so, they’re quite expensive). Then we’re continuing on to Hodnet to take part in a shooting competition. I'll let you know how we get on.

No comments: