Saturday 16 May 2015

Saturday - Early Afternoon. Still no dishwasher.



We saw Tom Paxton in concert last night. Really glad we went since it turns out that this is Tom’s last UK tour. I’m not really surprised, because the man is 78 this year! He’s been an inspiration to me for a VERY long time (almost 50 years) writing and performing songs of social concern (and politics, humour, etc.). I’ll miss not seeing him live, but it was great (and rather moving) to be there last night.

Today we’ve been clay pigeon shooting. The club we go to has changed the course AGAIN, but we were on much better form, so I shot 70% - which is good for me – but more importantly, had a really good time.

Since then I’ve done a little gardening: some weed control on the lawn and planting the next batch of peas.

Dinner this evening will be:
English asparagus (probably with a soft-poached egg).
Cottage pie with peas.
Chocolate cheesecake.

 Off to Portugal in the morning. May try a couple of updates from the tablet, but who knows. See you in a week’s time. Take care ...

No comments: