Wednesday 13 May 2015

Tuesday Evening



One way and another, I had a busy day yesterday – even though some of it was just waiting for the dishwasher repairman to call. Still, the weather was pleasant and I cut the lawns in the afternoon (we have a big garden for an English City: about 70 yards long and 20 yards wide at the widest) which takes a coupe of hours. Nice to get it done, though.

During the day, I marinated some diced leg of lamb for dinner: just salt and pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Diced onion (red and white), orange pepper, garlic, and quite a lot of courgettes which I stir-fried with mint and then added some tiny plum tomatoes that I happened to have. When this was all cooked, I added it to the couscous I’d prepared, flash fried the lamb (really, about 30 seconds) and mixed it all together with some parsley. It was really tasty, though fairly rustic in appearance. Dessert was cheese (leftovers from Sunday).

No comments: